Thursday, November 12, 2009

Greetings...


I am George S. Karagiannis. I was born in Thessaloniki Greece, 1984.

I primarily finished the School of Veterinary Medicine in Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, at 2008 and currently work my PhD at the Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto.

This is a blog exclusively dedicated to art, however! I have been improvising in many different types of painting and drawing arts over the past few years, in my own way! I have never been taught any techniques and like to work with my own inspiration. So far, I have been preferably creating:
1) watercolor painting,
2) pencil drawing,
3) cartoon/comic design using computer software,
4) paintings using computer drawing tools and
5) photography

The main fields of my interest is surrealism and abstractionism, several notable artists that I truly admire are Yves Tanguy, Max Ernst, Salvador Dali and Wassily Kandinsky.

I wouldn't want to make this first post very long... I have just posted the basics about me and eventually, more and more of my work and thoughts will be posted here!

To a different extent, I also enjoy and practice writing... I have written several short stories, and some short poems, all of them mainly belong to the genres of science fiction, fiction and surrealism. I will also share several pieces of my works, too, over time!

I retain both Facebook and Myartspace accounts.

I also retain a music blog, along with a very close friend and roommate of mine, at this site:
feel free to visit at any time, follow and post your comments.

I cozily welcome you to my blog, urge you to discuss anything of interest you might encounter and comment or even criticize anything you wish. I really appreciate your interest!

Sincerely Yours

:)


No comments:

Post a Comment