Friday, November 13, 2009

There Is Not!

"There is not!" represents my first attempt into watercolor painting; although it is rather simplistic, I like it very much and it is true that it has drawn quite much attention to the people. When I came up with the idea behind "There is not!", I wished to test the watercolor techniques in making different layers with the colors; thus I wanted to only draw the gradient in a sky and in a soil and nothing more. Then I thought to put two columns on it and some shadows....

The idea behind "There is not!" doesn't have any controversy as yet; many people tell me that it's impossible for the shadows to exist unless the true objects exist... since the wheel does not exist, then the gigantic monster doesn't necessarily exist. We do tend to create shadows; from our lives, from our pasts, from our futures; and usually these are very dark-scary and monstrous shadows.

This is the first of a series of works that are included in a collection named: "Monsters and Constructions"

No comments:

Post a Comment