Friday, November 13, 2009

Our House

One of my very early works called "Our House", being included in my first painting series named "Monsters and Constructions". At that point (and even now) I was greatly influenced by surreal artist Yves Tanguy, so I put myself into painting what was described as "alien creations and objects randomly placed in distinct and deserted landscapes". These objects seemed to have no meaning or hidden message, but came as an automatic schematic representation of thoughts and emotions of the given time.

To date, many people have been trying to match the title of this work with what they actually see... and they came up with the conclusion that this gargantuan white structure represents actually our very first house; our common house; the one that brought us to this planet; to this earth. This is a very very touching point of view for this work, indeed. Thank you for this colorful and meaningful interpretation to all of you!

I am astoundingly fond of such interpretations!

1 comment: